Vision and Learning
- All About Vision and Learning
Browse through this large collection of articles by the PTA, School Nurse News, Web MD, professors, eye doctors, and more...
- About Success in School with Vision Therapy
- All About Attention Deficit Disorder (ADHD or AD/HD), Vision and Eyesight
Is it really ADD/ADHD? Or is it an undetected vision problem?
- Convergence Insufficiency and Reading Problems
This article by an eye doctor explains how and why convergence insufficiency causes problems with reading and learning. See the illustrations!
- Dyslexia and Vision
The American Academy of Optometrists and the American Optometric Organization discuss vision, learning-related vision problems, and dyslexia.
- Tracking Problems and Reading Difficulties
Article by an eye doctor explains how and why tracking problems interfere with reading skills. See the illustrations!
- Vision Therapy and LDs
As part of an interview, an eye doctor discusses whether Vision Therapy helps learning disabilities or learning-related vision problems.
- All About Strabismus, Lazy Eye, Crossed-Eyes, Double Vision, etc.
Most comprehensive patient education web site on Strabismus on the internet - includes an article by an expert eye doctor covering the most frequently asked questions about crossed eyes, eye turns, etc.
- What is Lazy Eye or Amblyopia?
Lazy eye is not the same as strabismus (a crossed eye or an eye turn). Read this very easy-to-understand explanation.
- Children's Vision, Eyesight, Eye Exams and Visual Health
A large web site with many pages of easy-to-understand information on lazy eye, crossed-eyes, strabismus, developmental delays, eye muscle surgery, dyslexia, binocular vision impairments, and much more.
- Eye Muscle Surgery for Lazy Eye and Strabismus
Answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding eye muscle surgery as a treatment for lazy eye, crossed eyes, etc. This type of surgery is frequently done, but often does not give satisfactory results.
- 3D Vision (Binocular Vision)
- Eye Doctors and 3D Vision
Eye doctors use stereoscopic 3D images to develop and reinforce 3D vision.
- The Stereo Vision Project
What is stereo vision? What is a binocular (two-eyed) vision impairment?
Learn to see in 3D! Visit the 3D Art Gallery and view Magic Eye stereograms, stereo photographs, optical illusions, and much more.
- What is a Complete Eye Exam?
It is not enough to test the clarity of eyesight at a distance of 20 feet (known as 20/20). A complete visual evaluation tests many aspects of vision.
- What is Vision Therapy?
Various definitions of Vision Therapy by American Optometric Association, eye doctors, and patient advocates.
- National Directory of Eye Doctors
Find an eye doctor in another state. This directory provides free referrals to eye doctors who offer specialized services, such as vision therapy, neuro-optometric rehabilitation, therapeutic lenses, preventive care, etc.
- Vision Therapy FAQs
An eye doctor answers questions about Vision Therapy in an interview.
- Vision Therapy Research and Medical Literature
- Success Stories
A general catalog of vision therapy success stories
- Optometrists and Ophthalmologists
What are the differences in practice focus between a pediatric optometrist and a pediatric ophthalmologist?
- Choosing an Eye Doctor
Comments by educators on choosing pediatric vision care for a child.
- Vision Glossary
Build your visual health vocabulary!
- PAVE -- Parents Active for Vision Education
- COVD -- The College of Optometrists in Vision Development
An international professional optometric organization which grants board certification in Vision Therapy to optometrists (FCOVD)
- AOA -- The American Optometric Association
The American Optometric Association represents approximately 36,000 doctors of optometry, optometry students and paraoptometric assistants and technicians. Doctors of optometry provide two-thirds of all primary eye care in the United States.
- OEPF -- Optometric Extension Program Foundation
Serving the educational needs of optometrists.
- NORA -- Neuro Optometric Rehabilitation Association International, Inc.
An organization which provides direction for the visual rehabilitation of the neurologically and cognitively injured and disabled survivor population, including people who have physical disabilities and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).
- Optometrists Network
An international network of optometrists, primarily in the United States